This month, we’re celebrating one of America’s favorite snacks...and biggest allergens...PEANUTS! March is National Peanut Month and we couldn’t be more excited.
We think peanuts and peanut butter should be one of your camping staples. As long as you are not allergic to these little nuts, there are so many ways and reasons to enjoy them. We’re listing just a few of them in this blog post. Check it out:
- They’re easy to store. They do not need to be refrigerated. Peanuts and peanut butter can last for MONTHS in the pantry!
- Everyone loves a PB&J sandwich. We all grew up on them, right? They’re so easy to throw together and taste great. The perfect lunch or snack for all ages!
- They’re a healthy snack. Yes they are! Peanuts taste great and are good for you; they’re the perfect package. Peanuts are a great source of protein, are high in healthy fats, and are a great source of many vitamins and nutrients.
- Even if you’re allergic, there are other options. There are a variety of other nut butters, such as cashew and almond. If you’re allergic to those nuts, too, there are mock-butters available - like sunflower and soy butter - that taste (almost) as good as the real thing!
- Powdered peanut butter is great in recipes. Powdered peanut butter is made of peanuts that have been pressed to remove the fats and oils. Therefore, it has less calories, less fat, and is much easier to use in certain recipes. You can add a little water and eat it like ‘the real thing’, as well.
- You can jazz up your s’mores. You can spread a little (or a lot!) of peanut butter on your favorite campfire snack to instantly jazz up a boring, traditional s’more!
So, tell us your favorite way to enjoy this delicious, nutritious nut!